Turkey Pepper Kabobs Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, combine the reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar, oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and mustard.
- 2. Pour 1/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 3. Drain and discard used marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the vegetables, turkey and pineapple. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- 4. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 262 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Turkey Pepper Kabobs
"Good and flavorful."
"Although I used chicken instead of turkey, since I had none in the house, I followed the rest of the recipe exactly and it was delicious. Just a nice hint of sweetness."