Turkey Pepper Kabobs Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, combine the reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar, oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and mustard.
- Pour 1/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the vegetables, turkey and pineapple. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Pepper Kabobs in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p37
Reviews for Turkey Pepper Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review