Turkey Penne with Lemon Cream Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 pound turkey breast cutlets, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute turkey in 1 tablespoon butter until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute broccoli and carrots in remaining butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, bouillon granules, thyme, pepper and salt until blended. Combine cream and lemon juice; gradually stir into broccoli mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Drain pasta; add to the skillet. Stir in turkey and tomatoes and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 528 calories, 25 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 594 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Penne with Lemon Cream Sauce
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.