You’ll please every picky palate at the table with this colorful pasta dish. Creamy, satisfying and loaded with lively flavors, it’s the perfect way to sneak some fresh veggies into little tummies. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 pound turkey breast cutlets, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute turkey in 1 tablespoon butter until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute broccoli and carrots in remaining butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, bouillon granules, thyme, pepper and salt until blended. Combine cream and lemon juice; gradually stir into broccoli mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta; add to the skillet. Stir in turkey and tomatoes and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Penne with Lemon Cream Sauce in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p15
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Penne with Lemon Cream Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review