Turkey Pecan Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion over medium heat until tender. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, water, cumin, pepper and salt until smooth. Stir in the onion, turkey and pecans.
- 3. Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the soup, sour cream, milk and chilies; pour over enchiladas.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 263 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Turkey Pecan Enchiladas
"I look forward to making this after Thanksgiving. Great flavor"
"This is a very tasty dish. I've made it several times, and each time it's a winner."