"I got this recipe from a friend, and I’ve often served it at church potlucks. There are never leftovers! It’s nice because it’s creamy, just a little spicy and unusual." —Cathy Huppe of Georgetown, Massachusetts
Featured In: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion over medium heat until tender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, water, cumin, pepper and salt until smooth. Stir in the onion, turkey and pecans.
- Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the soup, sour cream, milk and chilies; pour over enchiladas.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Pecan Enchiladas in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p17
Reviews for Turkey Pecan Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2012
"I look forward to making this after Thanksgiving. Great flavor"
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2010
"This is a very tasty dish. I've made it several times, and each time it's a winner."