Turkey Pear Skillet Recipe
Turkey breast slices or chicken breasts--cut into thin strips--can be substituted for tenderloin strips.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sweet white wine
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked long grain and wild rice mix, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, wine, cranberry juice, sage and salt until blended; set aside. In a large skillet, saute turkey and onion in oil for 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 2. Stir broth mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the pears, walnuts, cranberries and parsley; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 328 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC