- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sweet white wine
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked long grain and wild rice mix, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, wine, cranberry juice, sage and salt until blended; set aside. In a large skillet, saute turkey and onion in oil for 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir broth mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the pears, walnuts, cranberries and parsley; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Pear Skillet in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p127
Reviews for Turkey Pear Skillet(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review