- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups sliced celery
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 cup water, divided
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Hot cooked rice or chow mein noodles
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in celery and mushrooms; cook and stir for 2 minutes. combine the broth, 3/4 cup water, soy sauce and bouillon; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into skillet. Return to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the turkey, peas, pineapple and water chestnuts; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Pea Skillet in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p51
Reviews for Turkey Pea Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review