Turkey Pasta Primavera Recipe
- 8 ounces fettuccine or spaghetti
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 cups julienned cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; add broccoli, carrots and red pepper during the last 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, stir flour and milk until smooth. Add the cream cheese, onions and seasonings; bring to a boil over medium-low heat. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes. Add turkey and Parmesan cheese; heat through. Drain pasta; toss with cheese sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared with fat-free milk, reduced-fat cream cheese and turkey breast and without salt) equals 333 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.