This is a fast, easy and satisfying recipe that uses a wide array of vegetables and leftover turkey. My kids will eat vegetables when they're in a sauce, so I'm always on the lookout for a new way to serve them.
Recommended: 37 Light Pasta Recipes with Big Flavor
- 8 ounces fettuccine or spaghetti
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 cups julienned cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; add broccoli, carrots and red pepper during the last 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, stir flour and milk until smooth. Add the cream cheese, onions and seasonings; bring to a boil over medium-low heat. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes. Add turkey and Parmesan cheese; heat through. Drain pasta; toss with cheese sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Pasta Primavera in Country Extra March 1997 , p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Turkey Pasta Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review