Turkey Noodle Supper Recipe
- 8 ounces yolk-free extra-wide noodles
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 jar (4 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, crumble turkey into a large nonstick skillet. Add onion, cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Return to pan. Add the soup, cream cheese and milk. Cook and stir until blended. Stir in the noodles, corn, pimientos, salt and pepper; cook until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 376 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2-1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat-free milk