Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe
This soup is hearty and flavorful. I use leftover turkey and the carcass to prepare this soup—a little goes a long way.—Margaret Shauers, Great Bend, Kansas
- 9 cups homemade turkey or chicken broth
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a large kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first six ingredients. Tie cloves and bay leaf in a cheesecloth bag and add to kettle; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add turkey, macaroni and parsley; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the macaroni is tender and the soup is heated through. Discard spice bag. Yield: 6 servings (3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 179 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 1,462 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC