Turkey Noodle Soup
This soup is hearty and flavorful. I use leftover turkey and the carcass to prepare this soupa little goes a long way.Margaret Shauers, Great Bend, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours
- 9 cups homemade turkey or chicken broth
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first six ingredients.
- Tie cloves and bay leaf in a cheesecloth bag and add to kettle;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add
- turkey, macaroni and parsley; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or
- until the macaroni is tender and the soup is heated through. Discard
- spice bag. Yield: 6 servings (3 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 179 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 1,462 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.