Turkey Noodle Soup for Two Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 celery rib with leaves, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup uncooked yolk-free wide noodles
- Dash browning sauce, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until celery is tender.
- 2. Add the potato, peas and noodles; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Discard bay leaf. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 156 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 2 lean meat
Reviews for Turkey Noodle Soup for Two
"I cooked a wild turkey that I had in the freezer and this worked perfect to use up some of it as there are only 2 of us now. It was quite delicious and I am diabetic as well as have heart failure so this is a blessing to find and is easy and quick to make too. I have fresh zucchine in my garden no so added some of that and next time I will also add some of the yellow squash just to give it some additional color. I think celery would also be a good addition and not add fat or very many calories either. Quite a diversied recipe really, I think you could add most any veggies on hand. Thanks for posting."