Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe
I usually try three new recipes a week. My wonderful husband willingly samples everything I make...even if it is a flop! This old-fashioned soup is one of his favorites.
- 1 leftover turkey carcass (from a 12- to 14-pound turkey)
- 3-1/2 quarts water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 large onion, halved
- 4 whole peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and diced, optional
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- Place the first nine ingredients in a stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Strain broth; discard onion, peppercorns and bay leaves. Remove carcass; allow to cool. Remove turkey from bones and cut into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Add vegetables to broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Add noodles and reserved turkey. Return to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Turkey Noodle Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p23
Reviews for Turkey Noodle Soup(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review