- 9 cups homemade turkey or chicken broth
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first six ingredients. Tie cloves and bay leaf in a cheesecloth bag and add to kettle; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add turkey, macaroni and parsley; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the macaroni is tender and the soup is heated through. Discard spice bag. Yield: 6 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Turkey Noodle Soup in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p19
Reviews for Turkey Noodle Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2012
"I have made this simple recipe over and over again since I found it in one of the magazines many years ago. We all love it"