Turkey Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 8 ounces cooked wide egg noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the celery, green pepper and onion; cook until tender. Stir in the soup, water chestnuts, mushrooms, pimientos, soy sauce, salt and lemon-pepper. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; add sour cream and noodles. Spoon half into a freezer container; cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Place remaining mixture in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish and bake as directed. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 serving each).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 307 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 760 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Noodle Casserole
"This casserole was fantastic. I left out a few veggies my family would not eat and added some Tomato/Basil/Garlic seasoning. It was fabulous! It was a crowd and a kid pleaser."
"My husband isn't big on casseroles, but this one he loves."