Your family will flip over this turkey and mushroom casserole. In fact, the creamy Parmesan-topped tetrazzini is so satisfying, that no one will suspect that it's low in fat. —Irene Banegas, Las Cruces, New Mexico
- 1/2 pound uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into the onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low. Add milk; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the spaghetti, turkey, mushrooms, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Tetrazzini in Light & Tasty October 2005, p42
Reviews for Turkey Mushroom Tetrazzini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review