Turkey Mushroom Tetrazzini Recipe
- 1/2 pound uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- 2. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into the onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Reduce heat to low. Add milk; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the spaghetti, turkey, mushrooms, seasoned salt and pepper.
- 4. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 331 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat-free milk.