Turkey Mushroom Supreme Recipe
This recipe was served to me and other co-workers as a thank-you for help we gave to a West Point officer in getting his book published. It was very good, so I asked him for the recipe and have made it many times since.
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey or chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 6 frozen puff pastry shells, baked
- In a large saucepan, saute pepper and mushrooms in butter until pepper is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour and seasonings; stir into vegetables. Stir in broth and milk until blended. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add turkey and peas; heat through. Gently stir in pimientos. Spoon into shells and serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Mushroom Supreme in Country Extra November 1991, p51
Reviews for Turkey Mushroom Supreme(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review