Turkey Muffins with Cheese Sauce Recipe
My cooking days began as a child when my mom let me assist her in the kitchen by grating, chopping...and, of course, washing dishes! We continue to have many wonderful times cooking together.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 English muffins, split and toasted
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- 6 slices cooked turkey
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir until cheese melts. Place muffins in a shallow baking pan. Top each half with a slice of bacon and turkey. Top with 2-3 tablespoons cheese sauce. Broil 5 in. from the heat for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 265 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,083 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC