- 8 ounces uncooked mostaccioli
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and marjoram; set aside. Drain mostaccioli.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the mostaccioli, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Top with cottage cheese mixture. Layer with remaining mostaccioli, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (dish will be full).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Turkey Mostaccioli Bake
Sort By :
Mine turned out a little watery. I added 1 tsp Italian seasoning and some garlic powder. Good for a week night meal!
Made this two day ago. It is delicious! Even better the second day! A great smaller version of lasagna. It was easy and tasty a perfect combination.
Quick and easy to make especially mixing the meat sauce and pasta. I don't use the parmesan cheese. I add a little extra marjoram. I add garlic in the meat sauce.
As a lower in fat dish, this was very good. I tweaked it a bit. I added a clove of garlic with the onion, a tsp of dried basil, 1/4 tsp pepper flakes to the sauce. I used 2% cottage cheese, that's what I had on hand. As suggested I also added the pasta to the sauce to save a step.
Great recipe! This was like lasagna, but the noodles were easier to work with.