- 8 ounces uncooked mostaccioli
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and marjoram; set aside. Drain mostaccioli.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the mostaccioli, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Top with cottage cheese mixture. Layer with remaining mostaccioli, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (dish will be full).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Mostaccioli Bake
"This was good. Great to pull together quickly for a weeknight meal."
"Mine turned out a little watery. I added 1 tsp Italian seasoning and some garlic powder. Good for a week night meal!"
"Made this two day ago. It is delicious! Even better the second day! A great smaller version of lasagna. It was easy and tasty a perfect combination."
"As a lower in fat dish, this was very good. I tweaked it a bit. I added a clove of garlic with the onion, a tsp of dried basil, 1/4 tsp pepper flakes to the sauce. I used 2% cottage cheese, that's what I had on hand. As suggested I also added the pasta to the sauce to save a step."
"Great recipe! This was like lasagna, but the noodles were easier to work with."
"We agree with all the other 5-star reviews...this recipe is terrific. Combining pasta and sauce saved time assembling. Fresh summer basil (like in the picture) would have been a nice touch to top it off."
"An awesome recipe! Made it for my Weight Watchers diet and it is delicious - only 9 points. Add green beans or a salad to round out the meal."
"Every time I make this it gets better. I'm not sure how, but my husband always says, "make it again.""
"I have made this several times. Something I always do is double everything but the cottage cheese and mozzerella cheese. Always turns out wonderful and plenty cheesy for my family. I figure I might as well cook the whole pound of meat and the whole box of noodles, then we have leftovers!"