Turkey Mole with Rice
“This is a wonderful Tex-Mex dish. Chipotle pepper makes the sauce!” Trisha Kruse - Eagle, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts, divided
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a food processor, combine the salsa, 1/4 cup peanuts, chipotle
- pepper, lime juice and cocoa; cover and process until blended.
- In a large skillet, cook turkey in oil over medium heat for 6-8
- minutes or until no longer pink. Add broth and salsa mixture. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Serve with
- rice; sprinkle with cilantro and remaining nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice and 1-1/2 teaspoons peanuts equals equals 393 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,