Turkey Mole with Rice for Two Recipe
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts, divided
- 1/2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1 turkey breast tenderloin (8 ounces) , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a food processor, combine the salsa, 2 tablespoons peanuts, chipotle pepper, lime juice, salt and cocoa; cover and process until blended.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook turkey in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Add broth and salsa mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes. Serve with rice; sprinkle with cilantro and remaining nuts. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice and 1-1/2 teaspoons peanuts equals 362 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.