- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts, divided
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a food processor, combine the salsa, 1/4 cup peanuts, chipotle pepper, lime juice and cocoa; cover and process until blended.
- In a large skillet, cook turkey in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Add broth and salsa mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Serve with rice; sprinkle with cilantro and remaining nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Mole with Rice
Sort By :
"This is one of my favorites. I make it with leftover turkey after Thanksgiving."
"Very tasty. Next time I will use a mild salsa. My own made this dish extremely spicy and I like alot of heat."
"I used the ingredients as listed and the results was wonderful. Yes I would make it again and again. Perhaps for company."
"I thought this was really delicious. I had to make a few substitutions. I wasn't able to find chipotle in adobo in my grocery store, so I used chipotle salsa. I used a little roasted red pepper in the sauce to give it some body. I also added a dash of cumin and a dash of chili powder for an extra smoky flavor. It was quick and easy!"
"This recipe was very good. I probably used a little more ckn broth and lime juice than called for just to tame the heat and/or dilute it. Served it with brown basmati rice. This is a keeper!"