“This is a wonderful Tex-Mex dish. Chipotle pepper makes the sauce!” Trisha Kruse - Eagle, Idaho
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts, divided
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a food processor, combine the salsa, 1/4 cup peanuts, chipotle pepper, lime juice and cocoa; cover and process until blended.
- In a large skillet, cook turkey in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Add broth and salsa mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Serve with rice; sprinkle with cilantro and remaining nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Mole with Rice in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p18
Reviews for Turkey Mole with Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review