Turkey Minute Steaks
— Barbara Powell, Laramie, Wyoming
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked sliced turkey breast
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil,
- salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, add egg. Dip turkey in
- egg, then in crumbs, coating both sides.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook turkey for
- 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 194 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer