Bow tie pasta, turkey and watermelon combine in this breezy summer salad from R. Jean Rand of Edina, Minnesota. It has a sweet-tart taste would pair well with tall glasses of lemonade or iced tea for an outdoor patio lunch.
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1-1/2 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-3/4 teaspoons sugar
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the turkey, watermelon, celery and onion; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice and sugar until smooth. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into turkey mixture. Drizzle with the yogurt mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey-Melon Pasta Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p54
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey-Melon Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review