Turkey Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup uncooked oat bran cereal
- 1 bottle (14 ounces) ketchup
- 1 cup grape jelly
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine turkey and cereal. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. In a Dutch oven, combine the ketchup, jelly and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Add meatballs. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring several times. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
5 meatballs (prepared with ground turkey breast, no-salt-added ketchup and low-sugar grape jelly) equals 137 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.