- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup All-Bran
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 4 cups hot cooked noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bran, Worcestershire sauce and lemon peel. Crumble turkey over mixture; mix well. Shape into 20 meatballs.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meatballs. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink. Remove meatballs and keep warm.
- Combine the cornstarch, yogurt and lemon juice until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in carrot and onion; heat through. Serve over meatballs and noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Meatballs with Lemon Sauce in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p9
Reviews for Turkey Meatballs with Lemon Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review