Turkey Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce
Although this recipe is perfect for the holiday season, plan to use it all year-round—cranberries add "zing" to a menu anytime. To serve as an appetizer, shape the meatballs smaller and serve with party picks.—Helen Wiegmink, Tucson, Arizona
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place
- meatballs on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking
- pan. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cranberry sauce and tomato soup; heat through. Add
- the meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 10 minutes. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 meatball equals 73 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.