Turkey Meatballs in Garlic Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup finely crushed Ritz crackers (about 10 crackers)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup V8 juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six meatballs. Place in a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the V8 juice, broth and garlic. Turn meatballs; spoon sauce over top. Reduce heat to 350°. Bake 20 minutes longer, basting every 5 minutes. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (3 each) equals 330 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 1,038 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Meatballs in Garlic Sauce
"My husband and I love this recipe! It's a regular in our house."
"Tasty recipee. All four of us liked this. As I cooked it, I would have rated it a 4 (to me, a 5 star is a You MUST make this!!!) but since I modified it a little I bumped it back to a five to be fair) I used Tom juice instead of v8. I doubt that hurt the flavor. I will make this again. Best ground turkey recipe I have found so far. I will serve it over pasta next time. We had it over rice and I think the pasta will fit the sauce a little better."
"The first time that I made this recipe, I followed the recipe and noted that the meatballs were excellent and moist. I have continued to make the meatball recipe with the addition of sea salt & celery salt in place of regular salt. I also have added garlic granules about ¼ tsp when using 1# of ground turkey. When I don?t have butter flavored crackers in the house, I use my plain bread crumbs instead. My next idea is to make the meatballs and then freeze them after cooking and cooling them. For those nights, when I want something easy to make that my family loves. Enjoy!"