Turkey Meatballs and Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 3 cups cut fresh green beans
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (12 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked Italian turkey meatballs
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add the tomatoes, meatballs and corn. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until meatballs are heated through. Serve immediately or transfer to freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 3. To use frozen soup: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a Dutch oven. Cover and cook over medium heat until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 232 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 981mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Meatballs and Vegetable Soup
"I did not care for this at all and could not even finish half of a bowl. Luckily, I served it with a grilled cheese sandwich so I had something to eat."
"Great use of meatballs. I used frozen meatballs that I bought from Sam's Club. I followed the recipe as written to the end, (Then) I added a hearty handful of egg noodles. Just felt like that would finish off the dish and it did. I didn't have to add any additional liquid for the noodles. Great recipe, I will save it in my recipe box and use again."
"We really liked this recipe. We added a 9 oz pack of fresh tortellinis and another cup of chicken broth. We used beef meatballs as that is what we had on hand. Very delicious. Thanks!"