- 3 cups cut fresh green beans
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (12 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked Italian turkey meatballs
- 2 cups frozen corn
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, meatballs and corn. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until meatballs are heated through. Serve immediately or transfer to freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen soup: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a Dutch oven. Cover and cook over medium heat until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Meatballs and Vegetable Soup
"I did not care for this at all and could not even finish half of a bowl. Luckily, I served it with a grilled cheese sandwich so I had something to eat."
"Great use of meatballs. I used frozen meatballs that I bought from Sam's Club. I followed the recipe as written to the end, (Then) I added a hearty handful of egg noodles. Just felt like that would finish off the dish and it did. I didn't have to add any additional liquid for the noodles. Great recipe, I will save it in my recipe box and use again."
"We really liked this recipe. We added a 9 oz pack of fresh tortellinis and another cup of chicken broth. We used beef meatballs as that is what we had on hand. Very delicious. Thanks!"