Turkey Meatball Soup
Our home economists combined ready-made turkey meatballs with fresh and frozen vegetables to come up with this nicely seasoned soup. Small families can enjoy half now and freeze the rest for later. But bigger families may want to double the recipe, so there’s plenty leftover for a second meal. Sprinkle servings with Parmesan cheese just before serving.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups cut fresh green beans
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (12 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked Italian turkey meatballs
- 2 cups frozen corn
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, meatballs and corn. Cover and cook over medium-low
- heat for 10 minutes or until meatballs are heated through. Serve
- immediately or transfer to freezer containers. May be frozen for up
- to 3 months.
- To use frozen soup: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a
- Dutch oven. Cover and cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 232 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 981 mg sodium,