- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, egg and seasonings. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 16 balls.
- Place meatballs on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cucumber, onion and lemon juice. Line pitas with lettuce and tomatoes; add meatballs and drizzle with yogurt sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Meatball Gyros
Sort By :
"The turkey meatballs could have used a bit more spice, but good nonetheless. I was impressed at the tzatziki--who knew that sauce was so easy to make?"
"These were amazing, and even my husband who usually detests ground turkey asked me to make it again. Wow!"
"Really easy and good!"
"I actually only made the meatballs out of this, but let me tell you: They were awesome."
"To save time, I used pre-made frozen turkey meatballs from the store, and then just baked them. Recipe turned out great!"