- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 2 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup cut fresh green beans or frozen cut green beans
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, milk, egg and salt. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1/2-in. balls. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, brown meatballs in batches; drain if necessary.
- In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Carefully add meatballs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Meatball Soup in Country December/January 2006, p51
Reviews for Turkey Meatball and Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review