I made up this recipe myself to take advantage of the abundance of fresh vegetables available in our state. It’s an economical yet hearty main dish that my husband and three children love all year-round.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 2 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup cut fresh green beans or frozen cut green beans
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, milk, egg and salt. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1/2-in. balls. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, brown meatballs in batches; drain if necessary.
- In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Carefully add meatballs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Meatball Soup in Country December/January 2006, p51
Reviews for Turkey Meatball and Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review