Turkey Meat Loaf
I first made this different meat loaf when my husband and I had to start watching our diet. Since then every time I serve it to family and friends, I'm asked for the recipe. The turkey is a nice change.Ruby Rath, New Haven, Indiana
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min.
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Press
- into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan that has been coated with cooking
- spray. Combine topping ingredients; spread over loaf. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 65 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 154 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.