Turkey Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltines (about 45 crackers)
- 3/4 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, carrots and celery in oil until tender. In a large bowl, combine the onion mixture, cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup ketchup, parsley, egg, 2 teaspoons mustard, salt, garlic and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and remaining ketchup and mustard until smooth. Spoon over meat loaf. Bake 10-20 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Turkey Meat Loaf(7)
Sort By :
this is awesome, moist and very flavorful...
I LOVE THIS RECIPE!!
It is now my favorite meatloaf ever!
I was surprised. My husband and I both enjoyed this. We had mashed potatoes with gravy as a side. Ony suggestion would be to double the sauce. I felt there was not enough sauce.
This was possibly the best meatloaf I have ever had. It was so moist and full of flavor. The family loved the extra vegetables in the texture. The topping added just a little extra flavor as well. Even my pickiest child asked for leftovers the next day, but little did she know that we had finished it off the previous evening.