Turkey Meat Loaf
"I created the recipe for this delicious meat loaf one evening when I was hurrying to start dinner and had just a few ingredients on hand," says Tamie Foley, Thousand Oaks, California. "My family enjoys it with carrots and new potatoes."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 small potato, finely shredded
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first six ingredients. Stir in
- onion, potato and red pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix
- well. Shape into a 12-in. x 4-in. loaf in a foil-lined 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until meat is no
- longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 200 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.