Turkey Mashed Potato Chimis Recipe
A little creative recycling will take your post-holiday morsels from boring to brilliant. A homemade sauce of pumpkin puree and chipotle peppers gives these delicious chimis a spicy-sweet finish.—Sherri Gordon, Olmsted Falls, Ohio
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- CHIPOTLE PUMPKIN SAUCE:
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Mash potatoes with butter, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the turkey and cheese.
- 3. Brush tortillas with melted butter. Place 2/3 cup potato mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Brush with leftover melted butter.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 5. In a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients; heat through (do not boil). Drizzle over chimichangas before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 467 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 629mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Mashed Potato Chimis
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC