Turkey Mashed Potato Chimis Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- CHIPOTLE PUMPKIN SAUCE:
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Mash potatoes with butter, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the turkey and cheese.
- 3. Brush tortillas with melted butter. Place 2/3 cup potato mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Brush with leftover melted butter.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 5. In a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients; heat through (do not boil). Drizzle over chimichangas before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 chimichanga with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 467 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 629 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer