Turkey Mashed Potato Chimis Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- CHIPOTLE PUMPKIN SAUCE:
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Mash potatoes with butter, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the turkey and cheese.
- Brush tortillas with melted butter. Place 2/3 cup potato mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Brush with leftover melted butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients; heat through (do not boil). Drizzle over chimichangas before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Mashed Potato Chimis in Country Woman October/November 2012, p40
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey Mashed Potato Chimis
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Pumpkin Recipes >