Turkey Marsala Recipe
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. Cut tenderloins crosswise in half; pound with a meat mallet to 3/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, mix flour and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Dip turkey in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey; cook 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 3. In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in broth and wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 12 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and the remaining salt and pepper. Serve with turkey. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 295 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 482 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.