Turkey Marsala Recipe
"This recipe originally called for beef, but I substituted turkey to make it healthier," writes Deborah Williams from Peoria, Arizona. It's easy to prepare, but the rich sauce makes it seem like you spent all day in the kitchen. I serve this with a baked sweet potato and a green vegetable."
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup marsala wine or 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, 3 tablespoons white grape juice and 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cut tenderloins in half and flatten to 3/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add turkey and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey in oil over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth and wine. Cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in lemon juice and remaining salt and pepper. Serve over turkey. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Marsala in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p13
Reviews for Turkey Marsala
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2012
Made this for Christmas Eve dinner. It was simple and delicious. My husband raved about the "sauce". A definite winner.
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2010
Very good, tasty and easy to make.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >