My teenage daughter enjoys making this main course. It's one of my favorites since it uses ground turkey and garlic.Connie Smith, Sugarland, Texas
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 slices bread
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 14 manicotti shells (8 ounces), cooked and drained
- 3-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- Soak bread in water; squeeze to remove excess water. Tear into small
- pieces; set aside. In a skillet, cook the turkey, onion, garlic,
- salt and pepper until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender;
- drain. Stir in the bread and cheeses; mix well. Spoon into manicotti
- shells. Pour half of the spaghetti sauce into a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Arrange shells over sauce; top with the remaining
- sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 440 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 947 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.