Turkey Mandarin Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup cooked macaroni
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Toasted almonds, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine turkey, onion and salt; mix well. Add grapes, celery, oranges and macaroni; toss lightly to mix. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Just before serving, combine fold whipped cream into mayonnaise; fold into salad along with almonds. Top with toasted almonds if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 382 calories, 29 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Mandarin Salad
"Delicious combination of tastes and textures! I hate pasta salads, however, so I omit pasta, or substitute cold cooked rice."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.