Turkey Mandarin Salad
A refreshing, interesting combination of turkey, pasta and fruit with a lightly sweet dressing makes this a family favorite. I found the recipe in an old church cookbook years ago. Bernice Smith, Sturgeon Lake, Minnesota
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup cooked macaroni
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- Toasted almonds, optional
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, onion and salt; mix well. Add
- grapes, celery, oranges and macaroni; toss lightly to mix. Cover and
- Just before serving, combine fold whipped cream into mayonnaise; fold
- into salad along with almonds. Top with toasted almonds if desired.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 382 calories, 29 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.