- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup cooked macaroni
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Toasted almonds, optional
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, onion and salt; mix well. Add grapes, celery, oranges and macaroni; toss lightly to mix. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, combine fold whipped cream into mayonnaise; fold into salad along with almonds. Top with toasted almonds if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Mandarin Salad in Taste of Home December/January 1994, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Mandarin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2009
"Delicious combination of tastes and textures! I hate pasta salads, however, so I omit pasta, or substitute cold cooked rice."