Turkey Mandarin Salad Recipe
A refreshing, interesting combination of turkey, pasta and fruit with a lightly sweet dressing makes this a family favorite. I found the recipe in an old church cookbook years ago. Bernice Smith, Sturgeon Lake, Minnesota
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup cooked macaroni
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- Toasted almonds, optional
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, onion and salt; mix well. Add grapes, celery, oranges and macaroni; toss lightly to mix. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, combine fold whipped cream into mayonnaise; fold into salad along with almonds. Top with toasted almonds if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Mandarin Salad in Taste of Home December/January 1994, p33
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Mandarin Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2009
Delicious combination of tastes and textures! I hate pasta salads, however, so I omit pasta, or substitute cold cooked rice.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >