Turkey Luncheon Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, soy sauce and salt; pour over salad and gently stir to coat. Serve over lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with cranberries. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup: 195 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 545mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Turkey Luncheon Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.