“I received this recipe as a newly-wed and made it healthier by using brown rice and fat-free mayo and sour cream.” Think ladies' luncheon…with a light, refreshing Asian twist! Joan Cannon - Noblesville, Indiana
Recommended: Salad Recipes Across America
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, soy sauce and salt; pour over salad and gently stir to coat. Serve over lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with cranberries. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Luncheon Salad in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Luncheon Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review